Processing Times: Business Innovation and Investment visa (Provisional) SUBCLASS 188
The 188 visas are a group of temporary skilled visas which are designed to allow successful business investors, entrepreneurs, and business innovators to invest in either a new or existing business in Australia. There are five streams under the 188 visa subclass, each contributing to the Australian economy at different levels.
188 Visa Processing Times
|Stream||75% of applications processed||90% of applications processed|
|Business Innovation||15 months||22 months|
|Investor||18 months||20 months|
|Significant Investor||Unavailable due to low volume of applications||Unavailable due to low volume of applications|
|Premium Investor||Unavailable due to low volume of applications||Unavailable due to low volume of applications|
|Entrepreneur||Unavailable due to low volume of applications||Unavailable due to low volume of applications|
188 Visa Timeline & Stages
Results Migration will work through a step-by-step process to ensure your application is processed as fast as possible.
The visa processing time for the 188 visa requires going through the following stages:
- Schedule a free consultation with Results Migration to decide which 188 visa stream is best for your circumstances
- If applying under the Business Innovation or Investor stream, we will conduct a Points Test. In order to be invited to apply, you will need to score at least 65 points in the Points Test.
- We will submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) through SkillSelect for you
- Once you receive an invitation from the Department, we will promptly lodge your application
- Results Migration will help you prepare all the documentation required and perform any additional checks that are necessary to lodge your visa application. Often this can take some time to gather all of the information the Department requests to approve your application.
Common issues that cause delays in 188 Visa processing times
There are many reasons why your application may be delayed, including:
- Whether you have lodged a complete application, including all necessary supporting documents;
- How quickly you respond to any requests for additional information;
- How long it takes to perform required checks on the supporting information provided; and
- How long it takes to receive additional information from external agencies, particularly in relation to health and character requirements
How can Results Migration help you?
Results Migration have an abundance of experience with 188 visas and will be able to assist you from beginning to end. Results Migration will also provide all necessary information to your employer to make sure that your application progresses as quickly as possible.