Processing Times: Employer nomination scheme SUBCLASS 186
The 186 visa allows Australian employers to nominate international workers for permanent skilled positions in their business that they cannot fill because of Australian labour shortages. With 3 different streams available, Results Migration can assist you in determining which avenue is suitable for you in a free consultation.
186 Visa Processing Times
|Stream||75% of applications processed||90% of applications processed|
|Temporary Residence Transition Stream||8 months||9 months|
|Direct Entry Stream||10 months||15 months|
|Agreement Stream||5 months||9 months|
186 Visa Timeline & Stages
Results Migration will work through a step-by-step plan to ensure your application is processed as fast as possible.
The visa processing time for the 186 visa requires going through the following stages:
- Schedule a free consultation with Results Migration to decide which 186 visa stream is best for your circumstances
- Make sure you are nominated by an approved employer
- Results Migration will help you and your employer gather and prepare all the documentation you need and perform any additional checks that are necessary to lodge your visa application.
- Lodge application with the Department of Home Affairs
- If you applied in Australia, you will be granted a bridging visa when you lodge your application. A bridging visa allows you to stay in Australia while your 186 visa application is being processed.
- If you applied outside of Australia, you can apply for another visa to enter Australia.
Common issues that cause delays in 186 Visa processing times
There are many reasons why your application may be delayed, including:
- Whether you have lodged a complete application, including all necessary supporting documents;
- How quickly you respond to any requests for additional information;
- How long it takes to perform required checks on the supporting information provided; and
- How long it takes to receive additional information from external agencies, particularly in relation to health and character requirements
How can Results Migration help you?
Results Migration have an abundance of experience with 186 visas and will be able to assist you from beginning until end. Results Migration will also provide the information to your employer to ensure that your application progresses as quickly as possible.