Processing Times: Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme Visa SUBCLASS 187
The 187 visa allows Australian employers to nominate international workers for permanent skilled positions in their business which cannot be filled because of Australian labour market shortages. With 3 different streams available, Results Migration can assist you in figuring out which avenue to follow in a free consultation.
187 Visa Processing Times
|Stream||75% of applications processed||90% of applications processed|
|Temporary Residence Transition Stream||9 months||11 months|
|Direct Entry Stream||17 months||19 months|
|Agreement Stream||Unavailable due to low volume of applications.||Unavailable due to low volume of applications.|
187 Visa Timeline & Stages
Results Migration will work through a step-by-step plan to ensure your application is processed as fast as possible.
The visa processing time for the 187 visa requires going through the following stages:
- Schedule a free consultation with Results Migration to decide which 187 visa stream is best for your circumstances
- Make sure you are nominated by an approved employer
- Results Migration will help you and your employer gather and prepare all the documentation you need and perform any additional checks that are necessary to lodge your visa application.
- For the Temporary Residence Transition Stream, you must hold a Temporary Skill Shortage (TSS) visa (subclass 482) or a Temporary Work (Skilled) visa (subclass 457) or a related associated bridging visa. You must also have worked for your employer for at least three out of the previous four years in the same position you are being nominated for, or two out of the previous three years if transitional arrangements apply because you held or were an applicant for a subclass 457 visa (which was subsequently granted) on 18 April 2017
- For the Direct Entrance pathway, you must have a positive skills assessment in your nominated eligible occupation and you must satisfy various other eligibility criteria
- If you are applying under the Agreement Stream, you must be sponsored through a labour agreement
- Results Migration will lodge your 187 application in a timely manner
Common issues that cause delays in 187 Visa processing times
There are many reasons why your application may be delayed, including:
- Whether you have lodged a complete application, including all necessary supporting documents;
- How quickly you respond to any requests for additional information;
- How long it takes to perform required checks on the supporting information provided; and
- How long it takes to receive additional information from external agencies, particularly in relation to health and character requirements
How can Results Migration help you?
Results Migration have an abundance of experience with 187 visas and will be able to assist you from beginning until end. Results Migration will also provide the information to your employer to make sure that your application progresses as quickly as possible.