Processing Times: SUBCLASS 114/838 aged dependent relative
These visas are sponsorship based and are designed for older applicants who are dependent upon a relative living in Australia to provide them with financial support and care. The 114 and 838 visas allows older applicants to live in Australia permanently and may be able to receive the Australian aged pension. The 114 visa is for offshore applicants and the 838 is for applicants onshore.
114/838 Visa Processing Times
An Aged Dependent Relative visa is very popular and due to its high demand, there are a limited number of places available each financial year. As of March 2018, the global processing time for this visa has been either capped or queued, meaning that no more visas will be granted until the next financial year.
Results Migration can help you find an alternative visa in a free consultation.
114/838 Visa Timeline & Stages
The visa processing times for the 114/838 visa requires going through the following stages:
- Book a free consultation with the experienced lawyers at Results Migration and we will run through alternative visa options if a cap has been placed on the 114/838 visa.
- Results Migration will assist you in collating the required documentation and perform any additional checks that may be required.
- After collecting all the information and completing all required forms, Results Migration will prepare and lodge your application in a timely manner.
- If you applied within Australia, you will be granted a bridging visa when you lodge your application. A bridging visa allows you to stay in Australia while your subclass 838 visa application is being processed.
- If you applied outside of Australia, you can apply for another visa to enter Australia.
Common issues that cause delays in 114/838 Visa processing times
- Whether you have lodged a complete application, including all necessary supporting documents;
- How promptly you respond to any requests for additional information;
- How long it takes to perform required checks on the supporting information provided; and
- How long it takes to receive additional information from external agencies, particularly in relation to health, character, and character requirements.
The process may seem complex however Results Migration are here to assist you in your application from start to finish. Contact Results Migration today!