Processing Times: remaining relative visa SUBCLASS 115/835
If your only close relatives live in Australia permanently, you may be eligible to apply for the remaining relative visa (subclass 115 or 835). Your relatives need to be willing to sponsor you and your family members to move and live in Australia permanently. The 115 visa is for offshore applicants and the 835 visa is for onshore applicants – essentially, they are the same.
115/835 Visa Processing Times
A Remaining Relative visa is very popular and due to its high demand, there are a limited number of places available each financial year. As of March 2018, the global processing time for this visa has been either capped or queued, meaning that no more visas will be granted until the next financial year.
Waiting times can last years, so Results Migration can help you find an alternative visa in a free consultation.
115/835 Visa Timeline & Stages
The visa processing times for the 115/835 visa requires going through the following stages:
- Book a free consultation with the experienced lawyers at Results Migration and we will run through alternative visa options if a cap has been placed on the 115/835 visa.
- Results Migration will assist you in collating the required documentation and perform any additional checks that may be required.
- After collecting all the information and completing the required forms, Results Migration will prepare and lodge your application in a timely manner.
- If you applied in Australia, you will be granted a bridging visa when you lodge your application. A bridging visa allows you to stay in Australia while your 835 visa application is being processed.
- If you applied outside of Australia, you can apply for another visa to enter Australia.
Common issues that cause delays in 115/835 Visa processing times
- Whether you have lodged a complete application, including all necessary supporting documents;
- How promptly you respond to any requests for additional information;
- How long it takes to perform required checks on the supporting information provided; and
- How long it takes to receive additional information from external agencies, particularly in relation to health, character, and character requirements.
The process may seem complex however Results Migration are here to assist you in your application from start to finish. Contact Results Migration today!