Processing Times: contributory aged parent (Temporary) visa SUBCLASS 884
The aged parent visas recognise older parents wishes to visit their children in Australia and also understand the associated physical strains of frequent travel. The 884 visa allows you to live in Australia for two years if you are a parent of an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen.
The Contributory Aged Parent (Temporary) visa (subclass 884) is a replica of the Contributory Parent (Temporary) (subclass 173) visa, however it allows applicants to receive the Australia age pension.
This visa is great because, once granted, you may then have the opportunity to stay in Australia permanently, under the 864 visa.
884 Visa Processing Times
This visa has a much shorter processing period than other aged parent visas, and no Assurance of Support (AoS) is required. Each application processing time varies due to the applicant’s circumstances and time it takes for the Department to process the application.
884 Visa Timeline & Stages
The visa processing times for the 884 visa requires going through the following stages:
- Book a free consultation with the experienced lawyers at Results Migration
- Results Migration will assist you in collating the required documentation and perform any additional checks that may be needed. The following documents are a requirement:
- Applicant documents;
- Partner documents;
- Documents for dependents under 18;
- Documents for dependents over 18;
- Sponsor documents;
- Original police statements; and
- Balance-of-Family documents;
- After collecting all the information and required forms, Results Migration will prepare and lodge your application in a timely manner
- If you applied in Australia, you will be granted a bridging visa when you lodge your application. A bridging visa allows you to stay in Australia while your subclass 884 visa application is being processed.
- If you applied outside of Australia, you can apply for another visa to enter Australia.
Common issues that cause delays in 884 Visa processing times
- Whether you have lodged a complete application, including all necessary supporting documents;
- How promptly you respond to any requests for additional information;
- How long it takes to perform required checks on the supporting information provided; and
- How long it takes to receive additional information from external agencies, particularly in relation to health and character requirements.
At Results Migration, we know this process can be complex and frustrating which is why we can assist you from start to finish. Contact Results Migration today!