Processing Times: CONTRIBUTORY PARENT (temporary) VISA subclass 173
The subclass 173 visa is sponsorship-based and allows parents of an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen to live in Australia temporarily for two years. The 173 visa may allow you to be eligible for the permanent version of this visa, the subclass 143 visa.
173 Visa Processing Times
75% of applications are processed within 36 months
90% of applications are processed within 38 months
173 Visa Timeline & Stages
The visa processing times for the 173 visa requires going through the following stages:
- Book a free consultation with the experienced lawyers at Results Migration
- Results Migration will assist you in collating the required documentation and perform any additional checks that may be needed. The following documents are a requirement:
- Applicant documents
- Sponsor documents
- Documents for dependents under 18
- Documents for dependents over 18
- Various department forms
- After collecting all the information and required forms, Results Migration will prepare and lodge your application in a timely manner
- If you applied in Australia, you will be granted a bridging visa when you lodge your application. A bridging visa allows you to stay in Australia while your subclass 173 visa application is being processed.
- If you applied outside of Australia, you can apply for another visa to enter Australia.
Common issues that cause delays in 173 Visa processing times
- Whether you have lodged a complete application, including all necessary supporting documents;
- How quickly you respond to requests for additional information;
- How long it takes to perform required checks on the supporting documents; and
- How long it takes to receive extra information from external agencies, particularly in relation to health and character requirements.
The process may seem complex however Results Migration are here to assist you in your application from start to finish. Contact Results Migration today!