Processing Times: aged parent visa SUBCLASS 804
This visa is the same as the Parent Visa (Subclass 103) as it allows you to live with your child in Australia permanently, if they are an Australia citizen, permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen. The 804 visa allows applicants to be eligible for Australia’s aged pension. This visa allows you to work, live and stay in Australia indefinitely and travel to and from Australia for five years.
804 Visa Processing Times
The Aged Parent visa is very popular and due to its high demand, there are a limited number of places available each financial year. Currently, the global processing time for this visa has been either capped or queued, meaning that no more visas will be granted until the next financial year.
The processing time for the 804 visa can take up to 30 years.
Results Migration can help you find an alternative family visa if you don’t want to wait three decades to be granted your visa. Similar parent visas are the Contributory Aged Parent visa (subclass 964) or the Contributory Aged Parent (Temporary) visa (subclass 884).
804 Visa Timeline & Stages
The visa processing times for the 804 visa requires going through the following stages:
- Book a free consultation with the experienced lawyers at Results Migration and we will run through alternative visa options if a cap has been placed on the 804 visa.
- Results Migration will assist you in collating the required documentation and perform any additional checks that may be required. The following documents are a requirement:
- Applicant documents;
- Partner documents;
- Documents for dependents under 18;
- Documents for dependents over 18;
- Sponsor documents;
- Original police statements;
- Balance-of-Family documents; and
- Assurance of Support (AoS)
- After collecting all the information and required forms, Results Migration will prepare and lodge your application in a timely manner
- If you applied in Australia, you will be granted a bridging visa when you lodge your application. A bridging visa allows you to stay in Australia while your subclass 804 visa application is being processed.
- If you applied outside of Australia, you can apply for another visa to enter Australia.
Common issues that cause delays in 804 Visa processing times
- Whether you have lodged a complete application, including all necessary supporting documents;
- How promptly you respond to any requests for additional information;
- How long it takes to perform required checks on the supporting information provided; and
- How long it takes to receive additional information from external agencies, particularly in relation to health and character requirements.
The process may seem complex however Results Migration are here to assist you in your application from start to finish. Contact Results Migration today!