Processing Times: contributory aged parent (Permanent) visa SUBCLASS 864
The aged parent visas recognise the desire for older parents to visit their children in Australia and the associated physical strains of frequent travel. The 864 visa allows you to live permanently in Australia if you are a parent of an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen.
The Contributory Parent visa (subclass 864) is a replica of the Contributory Parent (Permanent) (subclass 143) visa, however it allows applicants to receive the Australian aged care pension. To apply for this visa you must be old enough to receive the pension and at least half of your children must live in Australia. If you hold the temporary version of this visa (subclass 884), you may already be eligible for this visa.
864 Visa Processing Times
Due to the low numbers of applications, it is difficult to predict an exact timeline. Each application varies due to the applicant’s circumstances and it takes time for the Department to process the application.
Results Migration can help you find an alternative family visa in a free consultation – such as the Contributory Aged (Temporary) visa (subclass 884).
864 Visa Timeline & Stages
The visa processing times for the 864 visa requires going through the following stages:
- Book a free consultation with the experienced lawyers at Results Migration
- Results Migration will assist you in collating the required documentation and perform any additional checks that may be needed. The following documents are a requirement:
- Applicant documents;
- Partner documents;
- Documents for dependents under 18;
- Documents for dependents over 18;
- Sponsor documents;
- Original police statements;
- Balance-of-Family documents; and
- Assurance of Support (AoS)
- After collecting all the information and required forms, Results Migration will prepare and lodge your application in a timely manner
- If you applied in Australia, you will be granted a bridging visa when you lodge your application. A bridging visa allows you to stay in Australia while your subclass 864 visa application is being processed.
- If you applied outside of Australia, you can apply for another visa to enter Australia.
Common issues that cause delays in 864 Visa processing times
- Whether you have lodged a complete application, including all necessary supporting documents;
- How promptly you respond to any requests for additional information;
- How long it takes to perform required checks on the supporting information provided; and
- How long it takes to receive additional information from external agencies, particularly in relation to health and character requirements.
At Results Migration, we know this process can be complex and frustrating which is why we can assist you from start to finish. Contact Results Migration today!